Outside Sales Representative
Job Title: Outside Sales Representative (FP029)
Department: Evolv Surfaces, Berkeley
Reports to: Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
About the job
Are you a design lover that is thinking about your next career move? Look no further! Evolv Surfaces, Inc. is looking for a driven, enthusiastic Outside Sales Rep. who thrives in a customer-facing environment and enjoys developing & nurturing relationships with key clients.
Responsible for all sales activities in the assigned territory. This includes developing demand in the market, creating new and managing existing accounts and ensuring quality of product and customer service.
Accounts: Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by efficiently planning and organizing daily work schedule. Responsible for calling on existing and/or potential clients including but not limited to architects, designers, design/build firms, GC’s, K&B dealers, developers, and fabricators.
- Product expertise in Tile & Stone Industry (Natural Stone, Quartz and Porcelain Surfaces).
- Team player.
- Track record of building rapport, identifying customer needs, opening new opportunities, and closing sales.
- Design, architecture, construction management, business, or related bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of industry experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Word, Excel etc.
- Experience with CRM software
- Superior communication and organization skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g., H1-B status).
- Valid driver’s license with no points.
- Willing to undergo a background check per local law/regulations.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting, mutually beneficial client relationships with customers in the kitchen and bath industry.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters in your territory.
- Develop and maintain current product knowledge and libraries in your territory.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of proposals and budgets.
- Participate in local and regional marketing events, trade shows, and industry associations.
- Prepare reports on account status to Management.
- Clearly communicate the progress of weekly/monthly/quarterly initiatives to management.
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g., quarterly sales results and annual forecasts).
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager to identify and grow opportunities within territory.
- Presentations: Give and perform PK’s (product knowledge), L&L’s (lunch and learns), wine and cheese, 10 at 10’s, with fabricators, K+B dealers, contractors, designers, and architects.
- HubSpot CRM: Become proficient, and use daily, our HubSpot CRM software system. Collect data from daily work schedule to input and develop meaningful reports. Upload leads and projects into CRM. All visits, emails, and calls must be logged daily into HubSpot.
- Industry Events: Attend relevant social/industry events that are attended by leading industry designers, architects, K & B dealers, contractors etc. like NKBA, AIA, ASID, etc.
- Perform additional duties as required and/or requested, including assist and resolve challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed.
Physical Demands Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Candidates may need to sit or stand as needed throughout the day.
- Candidates may exert over 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- May include bending, reaching, squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day.
- Proper lifting techniques are required.
- Area: Work territory to include: San Francisco, Peninsula, the south bay, the south portion of the east bay, and the Monterey Bay area.
- Travel and schedule: Position will require infrequent travel outside of sales area and inside the USA and possibly Europe. A flexible schedule is required to attend industry events after 5pm.
Organization: Evolv Surfaces, Inc.
Country: United States State: California City: Berkeley, CA
Job Function: Full-Time
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Evolv Surfaces, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services. Evolv Surfaces, Inc. is equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, or veteran status.